Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

I've always loved Dr. Seuss books. Probably because I'm a sucker for rhymes, or maybe because they were easy to memorize and I could convince my family members that I was really reading, when all I was really doing was reciting from memory what I made either my mom or sister read over and over to me.

But what I really loved was celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday! In elementary school we'd always have people come and read stories to us and my favorite was when we actually had green eggs and ham for lunch! In high school we'd always go and read to the students. I always chose to read Oh, The Places You'll Go! I love that book!

And since today is the day... Dr. Seuss's Birthday, and Dan wouldn't let us have green eggs and ham for dinner, I thought I would celebrate by sharing with you some of my favorite quotes from the man himself! Enjoy!

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose."
~From my favorite book~

“How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”
~So, so true. I'm especially feeling this right now as I realize that 4 months from tomorrow... I'm getting married. I feel like I just got engaged!~

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!"
~I somehow can find funny things all around me, it makes my life more enjoyable, I think!~

"I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone."
~Dr. Seuss always had a lesson, but this is probably one of the greatest. Never take time with people you love for granted~

"When he worked,he really worked.
but when he played,he really PLAYED."
~My Motto~

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
~As much as I love things to be in their homes and in order, I thrive when things are crazy. The nonsense really does wake up the brain cells~

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
~And this is my favorite. I find it more true than anything that Dr. Seuss ever said. I'm just thrilled that I found someone whose weirdness is compatible with my weirdness~

No comments:

Post a Comment