Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2:00 am...

... And I have no idea why I am awake. Maybe it's because Dan is still sick and is snoring so loudly I had to evacuate from our bedroom. Maybe it's because this is the first night I have felt better and I didn't take any medicine to help me sleep. Maybe it's because I've heard more trains tonight than I have since I've moved here. Maybe it's because I don't have my clothes laid out for tomorrow. Maybe it's because my mind can't turn off tonight.

I'm sure every body has those nights when they just can't sleep and their mind is racing around so many things. I can't even get a grip on most of the things that are rolling around in there because they are all so silly. Most of them are wedding related and I can't believe that I'm this worked up about the tiniest things. Other things are work related, and when I think about those things I just think about how tired I am going to be at work tomorrow, but my mind just won't turn off.

I haven't had this problem in a long, long time. I used to not be able to sleep and I would watch the Home Shopping Network. Dan caught me buying things at ungodly times in the middle of the night and made me promise I would quit watching those shows... I did, the things I bought were so ridiculous anyway...except for that jewelry storage contraption.

So here I am at 2:00 am typing away about absolutely nothing. But I knew that this would make me feel better, and it did. Or maybe it's the glare of the computer screen putting a strain on my eyes and that is what's making me sleepy... there I go again with the mind racing. Okay, Okay, I'm going to stop. Hopefully I can get a good night's (or four hours) sleep out here in my little nest I created on the couch... and hopefully Dan quits snoring so loudly.

~Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment