Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Sheets of Integrity

In the past couple of weeks I've decided that I work in one of the most unconventional offices in America... for two very important reasons.

1. Nobody, I mean nobody, in the office brings in Girl Scout Cookie order forms.
Now how is this possible you may ask? Probably because everybody that I work with lives for their jobs and there are only two people in the office that have kids... and they are boys. I actually had to search for Girl Scout Cookies this year, and happily found them at BP the weekend that I went home to visit Mom and Dad. God Love Booth Sales!

2. Nobody fills out NCAA Brackets. I just couldn't believe this, since Monday morning I was waiting for someone to go around and hand out brackets and ask for $20. I even made a special trip to the ATM on Monday morning so that I would have cash the enter into the pool. It just didn't happen. I was so disappointed and shocked. I think last year I was in three different pools. I guess working in a bar kind of lead me to all those brackets... but I honestly think it is more illegal to gamble in a bar than in an office building.

So since I didn't have an office pool to enter, Dan and I started our own, and since our favorite morning radio show is Mike and Mike, we followed their example and made our "SHEETS OF INTEGRITY." Now I don't know how they came up with this term for their brackets, but we love it. All week we've been following along with their sheets and after all the talk, I'm pretty happy with mine, even though only after a few games I've already got two picks wrong... and unfortunately I had Louisville going pretty far. We haven't decided what the winner gets yet, but I'll keep you updated on our progress!

So maybe next year I'll make it my project to put together an office pool, I think I might even be able to make that a first quarter goal of mine...nothing too exciting happens during the first quarter anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Tracers, I have to let you in on the secret, I hope it doesn't ruin it for you. If you listen to the show, you know Mike and Mike bicker like an old married couple. Well a few years back Greenie got on Golic because he would get in several pools and fill all the brackets with different outcomes. In true Greenie fashion, he had a problem with this and said you should only have one bracket.So they should do one sheet and place a wager on it, thus "The Sheet of Integrity"

    ReplyDelete