Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blinded By The Light

Okay, Okay, yes I love this song. It takes me back to Spring Break '06 with Kaitlin driving my mom's car around Destin, Florida and the rest of the girls trying to figure out exactly what the lyrics were...

... anyway, today I literally was blinded by the light when I stepped out of my building on the way home from work. I made my way through the revolving door and HELLO, the sun was still out. I've never been more excited. Yes, I precisely remember turning my clocks forward the day before but it took me until today at 5:30 to realize what it really meant.

So to me, this is what daylight savings time really means...

Grilling out
Flip Flops Opposed to the Ugg Boots That Have Been Affixed to My Body Since Mid- November (I better schedule a pedicure)
Walks and Bike Rides on the Bike Trail
Sitting on the Porch
Hearing Birds Chirp in the Morning
Sun Tans
Cuter Clothes Than These Sweaters
Getting to Hang Out Downstairs Without Having to Wear Slippers on the Stone Floors
Realistic Wedding Planning (I feel like up until a week ago it's all just been pretend)
The Sight of Grass (The last of the snow melted yesterday!)
Outdoor Get-Togethers
And Really, Just A Happier Me!

So I'm thrilled that I moved my clocks forward this weekend, and I'll enjoy my walk home from work now IN THE LIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment