Thursday, March 10, 2011

We're Having A Party

I love going home. I really can't think of many things that are better than pulling into my parents driveway and walking into the most comfortable home I've ever stepped into. Seeing my parents and John and Jill and little Dillon is absolutely one of my favorite things. So after driving for four hours through pouring down rain I was so happy to be home last Friday night. What a weekend we all had!

It was a very productive weekend. We got so many things done for the wedding. I heard the most wonderful news at my dress fitting, "You can't loose a pound before the wedding." I could have kissed the lady when she told me that... Jill was quick to remind me I couldn't gain a pound either. We picked out the flower girl's dress... Macy looks darling, we got all of our undergarments and shoes, and we got the invitations ordered (honest to god, the most over-whelming task I've ever had to do). It's actually all coming together.

But we also had a very, very fun weekend. Full of good food and wine and laughter and DANCING! I haven't danced so much in such a long time, my body actually still kind of hurts from all of the high kicks we did along to "Hot Legs." Yes, hot legs, one of my favorite songs by Rod Stewart... but not my most favorite. That spot is reserved for "We're Having a Party!"

We listened to this song on repeat at least 4 times and just danced... wedding reception style. Mom, Dad, Bert, Dave, Janet, Aunt Betty, Jill, Kenna, Grant, Dillon, and myself were unstoppable. We were all up swinging our beers and glasses of wine in the air, taking turns dancing in the middle of the circle, and singing along. At one point Jill was winning a hula-hoop contest and Kenna and Grant were holding a crutch so that we could do the limbo... Dad is still pretty impressive at the limbo. I had so much fun I didn't want the song to end. That's probably why I kept pushing repeat as soon as it was over. It really was such a fun evening.

But the best part was when we got home John had a heaping stack of pancakes for us! Now if you know me at all, or have read any of my blogs you know that John is quite the pancake chef and he is always willing to make them for me when I've had too many drinks. The pancakes are just so fantastic and nobody can make them like he does.

So I've never been happier than to share my pancakes with my family, and especially Dillon. Saturday night was the first night I had drunken pancakes with a little guy in a booster seat sitting next to me. He loved Uncle Johnny's pancakes too.

What a weekend. I had such a great time with the family and I can't wait to see them all again soon so that we can have another dance party in Bert and Dave's basement and create more funny and wonderful memmories.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment