Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's Over

I love blogging. I love coming to this place where I have a blank canvas and I can just type, get things off my chest, talk about my past, and dream about the future. A few months ago when I found the Photo of the Day challenge I was so excited because I really was lacking all inspiration to kept blogging, but now, after a good run at it, I'm burnt out.

Maybe it's because it's starting to get nicer outside and I want to be there instead of at a computer. Maybe it's because the busy season is upon us at work and when I get home I feel as if my brain is fried from the day... and if I have to look at the computer screen for just one more second I think I may go cross-eyed. And is it just me, or have the prompts been not very exciting for the month of April.

So the photo of the day is over. I hope to find something new and exciting to blog about, but for now, I'm just going to continue what I was doing in the past and show you why each new day is my favorite day.

And since I've been absent from this little corner of my world called my blog, here are some of my favorite things from the past week...

Enjoying a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs and fresh fruit outside of my building on Thursday when I realized I showed up an hour before I scheduled myself to be there. There is nothing like the city in the early morning.

Finishing "Bloom" it's a beautiful, beautiful book that just reiterates that life is a special gift and life is what we make it.

Taking a road trip to my dear friend's baby shower and catching up with Lilly, Lydia, and Mo. I can't wait for this baby to be here... the first baby of the Duhme girls!

Jill telling me that Dillon eats pop tarts for breakfast and when I jokingly asked "when are you going to upgrade him to toaster strudels?" she replied... "well I've been honestly thinking about getting him those." This is the skinniest girl I know, yet she ate two pop tarts and then eventually toaster strudels every single day before high school.

Dan and I thinking we were back in college on Friday. We thought it would be a good idea to drink beer after beer and then play beer pong at a bar. Who did we think we were? I'll never know. I'm just glad I had absolutely nothing to do on Saturday, because it wasn't getting done. I felt like garbage, but we had so much fun on Friday.

Seeing some pretty cool events at work this week and the view is definitely the most beautiful on spring evenings. I still find myself staring out the window every day.

Knowing that my parents are going to be here in two nights! This week can't go quick enough, I am so looking forward to this weekend.

And lastly, the crazy work schedule is working in my favor tomorrow. I get to sleep in, not going into the office until 11:00. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment