Monday, April 9, 2012

April 8 - Inside Your Wallet... Easter

I don't really like the prompt for today, so I'm going to skip it. I don't have anything too exciting inside my wallet anyway. Sunday, April 8th was a beautiful Easter Sunday. Dan and I woke up to our Easter basket, I love grown up Easter baskets, full of gas cards and toothbrushes!



We went for a nice jog, sat on the deck, and when Mom and Dad got home from church we started getting ready for the day's celebrations. I pulled up Facebook before we left for the day and saw that everybody was posting pictures of their families in their Easter best, so here are Dan and I... and you can tell John took this picture, because he really wanted his football sign in the shot.



We had the most amazing brunch at Bert and Daves. For some reason I didn't take a picture of all of the food, but we had it all. Omelets, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, fruit, ham, bacon, potatoes (sauteed in bacon grease). Delicious! We played outside, took a little snooze on the floor, watched the Red's win in the bottom of the ninth, and then we were off to The Hartman's. We had another delicious meal with the family and I didn't think it was possible to cheer on a golf game as much as I did on Sunday. It was a good, celebratory day, topped off cuddling on my parent's couch enjoying the wine I brought home for the weekend but was too busy to even think about opening.

The saddest part of the day was knowing that when I woke up in the morning I would have to pack my bags and leave, that may be why I kept asking Dan if we could stay up just a little bit longer... It was a good trip home, good to see some friends and my family. I just soaked everything up and I'll now be held over until the next trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment