Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Pigeon and The Statue

You know signs that you see plastered all over the walls of Jimmy John's... yeah, you do, the ones that say things like "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem... We Deliver" and "Your Mom Wants You To Eat Jimmy Johns" Well today while I was picking up our dinner at 9:13 pm I saw the one that said,

Not Every Day Is Sunny
Sometimes You're The Statue
Sometimes You're The Pigeon

And I couldn't think of a more wonderful sign to be hanging in a place where I just walked my disheveled self into to pick up two sandwiches and a bag of chips at some god-awful, you should be in bed already, time of the night, knowing you're just going to go home and eat the sandwiches cross legged on the floor without a plate, crumble up the sandwich paper and just let it sit there.

Long story short, today I was the statue. From the very start of the day, when I couldn't drag myself out of bed to exercise before work, I was the statue... Now I hope I was a gorgeous statue with long flowing hair, but I have a feeling I wasn't. It was just one of those days when there aren't enough minutes in an hour and every time you get your list checked off there is another new list to be made. And I realized, the biggest problem with being the statue is that you're stuck, you're stone, and there is no way of getting out of the situation that you are in... you just got to ride it out.

So here I am, feeling like I'm covered in pigeon poop, ready for this day to be over. And soon it will be, and tomorrow will be a new day... I just hope tomorrow I'm the pigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment