Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Funday

It's been quite a week, full of irregular schedules and running around like crazy. It really is true, when it rains, it pours. So I was so thrilled when Dan told me he would get a hotel room for us downtown yesterday afternoon. I had a wedding last night and an after wedding breakfast this morning, so being able to stay in the city was really a treat.

We had a great late night dinner last night and it was one of those fantastic city evenings, the ones that always makes me want to downsize completely and move downtown. There is nothing like walking through the city late at night with fall like weather...

Anyway, after I got off work today Dan met me and we went to brunch. We went to Ditka's because we couldn't think of a more wonderful place to have yummy food and watch some football games, it was the perfect spot. If you've never been to Chicago, I would highly suggest the trip just to have a bloody mary from Ditka's. Brace yourself, here comes a "Favorite Statement"... It was my favorite Bloody Mary of all time. And here's why:


Yes, you're seeing that correctly, the garnish was a tomato, a shrimp, a banana pepper, an olive, an onion, what I think was summer squash, and a lemon... HELLO! Throw in a salt and peppered rim and a side car of pale ale and you have a winner. And I don't think they could have had a more "made for Tracy" brunch dish. I had a BLT Avocado Wrap with lettuce, tomato, avocado, bacon, runny eggs, and cheese. It was delicious and with Dan and RGIII in my company I couldn't think of a better afternoon.

It's been a good day. I nice ending to a kinda crazy week. So here's to next week, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment