Monday, January 16, 2012

"Whatever Helps You Get Through It"

Day One of the Cinch diet is almost over. I am sitting here drinking my fourth meal of the day out of a margarita glass rimmed with cinnamon... "Whatever helps you get through this," is what Dan's comment was to me when he saw what I was spooning my yogurt, almond butter, and raspberry smoothie into. And that is the attitude that I'm going to keep with the next four days. We can do it!!

It really hasn't been that bad, but I would give anything right now for a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine! So that's what I'm going to pretend I'm enjoying.

In other news we booked our summer vacation today, and that was the favorite part of my day! We'll be spending the Fourth of July week, also known as our one year anniversary exploring New York and Boston. I've only been to New York in the winter, and never to Boston so I am so very excited. Ready to take in baseball games, a Broadway show, historical tours, delicious FOOD (especially seafood), and strolls through Central Park. With the way things are going it'll be here before we know it!

And of course, to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day I will leave you with my favorite quote of his:

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

No comments:

Post a Comment