Thursday, November 17, 2011

Catch Up!

So I have just realized that it has been almost two months since my last post, and I honestly cannot tell you where that time has gone. And today, as I sit here and plan out the rest of the year, I think these six weeks will go quicker than the last. Since there has just been so much going on lately I feel like I couldn’t even put together a well written post, so here it is, one of my famous lists of what has been going on in my life… and just inside my head lately.

The past months have revolved around Mustang Football. It was an absolutely great season. Dan’s goal at the beginning of the season was to make it to the playoffs, and to make it all the way to the quarterfinals was more than I could have ever imagined… I think a little more than he could have imagined too. But I am so proud of him, if you couldn’t already tell from all my Facebook updates, and I’m very excited for next year!

With that being said, I am so happy to have Dan back in my life. It’s good to walk in the door and have him already there, and what is even better is our house rules are now working in my favor… First one home makes dinner! Chef BoyarDan is back in action.

Work has been a whirlwind, but a good one. I’ve had many, many challenges lately, but I’ve gotten through them. I had to do a lot of things I didn’t want to do, but I have come to realize that you just have to. It’s like a Band Aid… Just pull it off already! With all this working lately I will enjoy five days off over Thanksgiving which I am so looking forward to.

Speaking of Thanksgiving… As most of you know it is my most Favorite Holiday (Halloween being my least, which is my explanation for not blogging at all in October). I am really looking forward to all of the wonderful food and seeing my family. Today I realized that I really really miss them and I am starting to get St.Leon Sick! I have been making practice hand turkeys… I still haven’t narrowed down my top four things I am thankful for, but when I do I will be sure to share the 2011 Hand Turkey with you.

The Thanksgiving weekend is going to be a busy one. I hope to start the weekend off with a trip to Harry’s. I haven’t been since graduation, which is way too long, and I’m starting to have withdrawals from the place. We’ll then make the last leg of the trip to St. Leon, spend time with the families, eat lots of food, attend my 5 year class reunion, and of course, go shopping on Friday. Dan, Donna, and I already have our list made, we just need to plan out the route. I’m not really in the market for anything this year, I’ll just go along for the adventure, yummy lunch and bloody marys that Dan has promised me will end the trip.

Speaking of reunions, I’m in for a big one this weekend with the Five Friends. It’s Kait’s Bachelorette Weekend! I am so excited to see the girls, and meet the rest of the girls in the wedding. I’ll be sure to share the pictures and stories from the weekend next week. I can hardly contain my excitement for Kaitlin. This is the first time I’ve been a bridesmaid and I have to say, I am just as excited for this wedding as I was my own. And we are very thrilled we’ll be gaining our Seventh Friend, Adam.

I feel as if there is so much to do between now and the end of the year, I don’t know where to start, but I knew that I wanted to share these last couple of weeks with you, because this is one of my favorite times of year… even though Dan calls me his Grinch Wife, so I’m back to blogging! For now at least, who knows what the next couple weeks may bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment