Friday, November 18, 2011

45 Minutes

45 minutes… I can do a lot in this amount of time, make a fantastic dinner, run a load of laundry through the dryer, ride the train from downtown Chicago to Hammond, Indiana, or watch an hour long television show that I dvr’ed. But these 45 minutes sitting here are really dragging, because in 45 minutes I get to leave work and start my journey to see the girls.

Yes, the journey will be a long one, a mile walk to the train, 45 minutes on the train, 3 hours and 50 minutes in the car, PLUS a time change which makes me lose a precious hour! But all that is standing between me and the beginning of that journey is this 45 minutes. I hope it goes quick, I hope my phone starts ringing to make the time go faster, and I hope nothing drastic happens to make me get out of here any later.

I need this weekend, it’s been way too long since we’ve all been together and it will be so good to see them. I’ve got my car packed with more things than you can imagine because who knows what this weekend might turn out to entail… which means lots of outfits. I can’t wait to start the celebrations for Kaitlin’s wedding because I am just so excited for her and Adam. And most importantly, I’m very excited to go out on the town with the girls, drink champagne, and dance like a crazy woman.

So here’s to the girls, I can’t wait to see you… it’s going to be a great weekend! And thanks to the sixth and seventh Friends, Dan and Adam, for holding down the forts while we are out playing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment