Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blue Goose to East Ciana Ct

So this past weekend was so full of many adventures, good food, wine, the girls, and of course many laughs. Once I upload the pictures from the evening I will share more about the weekend, but one of my favorite parts of the weekend was going to the Carr’s new house in Bloomington. It was so reminiscent of driving to Blue Goose Road, the curvy roads, the cows you’d see every once in a while, and the fear of hitting a deer. And then we arrived and it was like the same house, we walked in and there was the office, the beautiful, spotless kitchen, the big comfy furniture, the sun-room, a dog barking… it was the exact same!

Don’t even get me started on the awesome decorations that Diane had out for the shower, as always, it was top-notch. I was also introduced to a new website called “Smarty had a Party!” Diane, I’ll be sure to not let Dan know who introduced me to this site because I’m sure I’ll be using it! The only thing missing that was always at every wonderful event Diane held during high school was gossamer, but I don’t think it was needed, everything was just perfect!


Once the shower festivities were over the little girl came out in all of us and I asked, “Can we go see your room?” And you’ll never believe it, but the upstairs is the exact same as Blue Goose’s upstairs. They have a play room (which is now the wedding room), awesome bathrooms, and all the rooms are connected just like Kait and Evan’s bathrooms used to be. The only thing missing was the chalkboard in Evan’s room and the unicorn in Kaitlin’s.

Around every corner Kaitlin wanted to show us something wedding related. We peaked a little but decided that it would be more fun to have it all unfold the weekend of the wedding. From what I saw everything, of course, is going to be absolutely beautiful. Very elegant with a splash of sparkle! I have always loved winter weddings and I am so glad to be a part of Kaitlin’s.


And as we were leaving her bedroom, in true Kaitlin fashion, she pulled out a little gift she picked up for me… you’ll have to wait until the next post to see what it was, but just so you know, it was my favorite gift that I’ve gotten in awhile!



No comments:

Post a Comment