Monday, August 8, 2011

My Honest To Goodness Favorite Day

I woke up the day after our wedding, told Dan, and posted it to my Facebook... Yesterday was my Favorite Day. And it Really Was.

I can't even describe how wonderful of a day July 3rd was. From start to finish I had the most fun day of my life. We just got the pictures back from the photographer and I am just thrilled he captured all those moments.

I was a little nervous going into the day because on Friday Dan told me, "If I don't play golf well on Sunday morning, my entire day is going to be ruined!" I've never heard more wonderful words than when Donna called me to say, "He had a great game, it's going to be a good day!"

The weather was fantastic, I've never seen my friends or family more beautiful, I've never felt more in love, and I don't think I've ever felt pure joy in that way.

So I just have to share some of my favorite moments from the day, just the day, the favorite weekend moments will come later...

Asking my mom too early in the morning if it was time to get up yet... I was just so excited I could hardly stand it!

Swimming in the hotel pool with my cousins, seeing my bridesmaids emerge from their rooms... very slowly, one by one.

Letting Holly talk me into eating gas station food on the way to our hair appointments.

Learning that Kaitlin and I may be the most disgusting humans on the face of the earth.

Having John, Dillon, and Dad arrive while I was getting my make-up done. I've never seen them all so handsome.

Seeing my mom, I've never seen her more beautiful, except for the pictures from her own wedding day.

Having the five friends together one last time before we became the six friends.

Seeing Dan for the first time.

The sun going behind the clouds as we said our vows.

Signing my new name on our marriage license.

Piling all of us onto a golf cart.

Being together as a family.

Laughing with our entire wedding party.

Greeting and speaking with every single one of our guests.

Dancing to every single song the DJ played.

Slow Dancing with Dan.

Singing two of our favorite song with our friend, Kenny.

Watching people dance like the maniac that I usually am at family weddings... I think I was still the biggest maniac.

Dancing with my Dad and Rick at the very end of the night.

Hanging out in the parking lot of the hotel afterwards... note to self, do not get married on a Sunday, all the bars are closed and there is no after party!

Almost going to jail on our wedding night, it was awful at the time, but now that I think about it, it was pretty hilarious.

Drinking one last beer with my mom, dad, Bert, Dave, Debbie, and Albert in their hotel room before I finally got to my own.

Waking up as a married lady, walking through the floor of the hotel where our wedding party stayed and it looking like a tornado went through it, and of course...

Finding out that my Dad slept in his tuxedo.

I have never had so much fun at a wedding, there is absolutely nothing I would re-do, and I cannot wait until the next party!

No comments:

Post a Comment