Monday, August 29, 2011

The Little Things

This weekend I went on a tiny little shopping adventure. I've been eyeing these throw pillows for quite some time and since I was in the area I went in a finally got them. I was so happy with them and while I was standing in the check-out line I remembered that I really needed some new socks, so I picked those up and put them in my cart as well.

Two days went by and I'm still a little excited about the new pillows, but it in no way compares to how I feel about my new fluffy socks.

I was telling the girls at work today about them... the socks, not the pillows... as I was putting on my tennis shoes for my walk to the train, and they just laughed. But then I realized how wonderful the little things are. So tonight I will share with you my favorite simple pleasures from this past weekend...

New socks, of course
A haircut
A freshly cleaned shower curtain and bath rug
A visit from family members
Waking up to our wind chime
A phone call from my sister and my friends
A mustang victory along with a champagne celebration
A nice, long walk with Dan
Beautiful Weather
Finishing a fantastic book

I just loved these little things this weekend. So with all the crazy things going on around me and my eyes opening up to people less fortunate than myself, I'm going to enjoy these little things. And right now, I think I'm going to go put new sheets on my bed, I just love that feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment