Friday, April 29, 2011

The Wedding Room

It started as a little pile, it then become the spare bedroom's closet, it's now the spare bedroom... yes, I'm talking about the storage area for wedding related items.

And it just keeps growing. Gifts and placecards and favors and invitations and shoes and jewelry and table numbers and picture frames and vases and ribbon and a flower girl's basket, oh my! This month I've made so much wedding progress I don't even know where to begin... I'm just glad so much is done!

As we speak I'm staring at a heaping stack of invitations to take to the post office tomorrow! I just have to go through every single one of them AGAIN before I seal them up because, by my count, I've left out a directions page in exactly ONE of them!

Thank goodness, my muse, Jesika has only been a phone call away while I've been making all of these wedding purchases. I know what I want and what I like, but I always just need her to bounce my ideas off of. I believe I was standing in the middle of Michael's with my arms full of things, having a tiny meltdown because they don't make gray pens to address letters with... she's absolutely the only person that would understand my concern, telling me she only uses charcoal eyeliner because black to too harsh... "Hello, that's what I'm trying to say... I can't address my wedding invitations with harsh black pen!" But I did, and they are fine.

And everything else is fine. Coming along quite nicely actually. I think we are at 65 days, and if they go as quickly has this past month has... holy smokes! I'm going to be a married lady soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment