Friday, April 29, 2011

Bunnies Don't Lay Eggs?

Someone, please tell me, why are Easter Bunnies associated with Eggs? I just don't get it, but I'm sure there is some story behind it. Rabbits don't lay eggs and that very thought just went through my brain while I was home for Easter. It's so silly to me, but I've always just thought of one and the other came to mind!

Other than this revelation that I came to, it was a wonderful, wonderful weekend. Full of egg dye, egg hunts, and yummy candy. I think out of two dozen hard boiled eggs only about 12 of them survived between all of us dropping them before they even got into the dye. We all got plenty protein in the process! Mom was not happy because she just kept hearing things crack while we were suppose to be dyeing.

Of course, I pulled into my parent's driveway on Friday night and didn't leave. We played and laughed and ate and napped. It was a lovely weekend. Dillon is getting so big and brave. He has quite the attitude and is very particular about things which just makes me laugh. He may have gotten that from me. He loves candy and was so disappointed when he ran out of jelly beans. He is so into Dora the Explorer and was sure to tell us that his candy was Delicioso! He practiced walking down the aisle with his ring bearer's pillow and just kept throwing it back and forth with David. We have to go make sure he is out of Dillons site on the short walk down the aisle!

We got to see all of our cousins and eat wonderful meals. It really was a great weekend besides the pouring down rain and tornado warnings. But, it was 40 degrees warmer at home than in Chicago, so I was sure to spend every minute outside that I could.

Can't wait to go back in 2 weeks for the Fiesta!

No comments:

Post a Comment