Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to Reality

This past Saturday, it started. Football Season is upon us. It came out of nowhere really, we've been enjoying our summer and keeping busy, it didn't really dawn on me that I needed to brush up on my defense cheers until I was showering on Saturday morning.

I should have seen the signs, Dan getting home later and later. The laundry being full of green and black shirts. Yellow note pad after yellow note pad laying around the house with x's and o's and lines going every which way so carefully drawn out. Stacks of dvd's lined up by the television with school names, dates, and final scores written on top. Oh, and my favorite part... Octoberfest being out on the shelves at the grocery.

It will honestly take me maybe another week of two to get back in the grove. I have to admit I was kind of a pest to Dan last night asking if I could schedule a time to hang out with him, he just looked at me. I could see he was up to his eyeballs in laying out his game plan, so I just walked away... secretly hoping he'd say "How about we meet up for dinner at 7:00 pm."

So since Dan's preoccupied with his reality of being a football coach, I've decided to get back to blogging. I'm back. I may be needing a little inspiration from my friends and family for ideas for the blog, they are all welcome if anyone has any ideas, but I'm excited. Welcome back to, "Today is My Favorite Day!"

Oh, how could I forget?... The Mustangs won their first game on Saturday, 27-12. We are looking forward to a great season!

No comments:

Post a Comment