Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wine... On Tap!

I’ve found it! One of my new favs, Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant.

Last night Dan and I went out with our friends, Artie and Missi. The trip had been planned for a couple days, but Friday we found out we had so much to celebrate. Dan was named “Coach of the Year” for his area in The Reporter and Artie was “Coach of the Year” in The Times! So very exciting for both of these guys, and very well deserved! So of course, we got to the restaurant and had to order a bottle of champagne. Dan and Missi picked out their seasonal raspberry sparkling wine. It was delicious. But then I saw it, the most fabulous thing I’ve seen in a while… WINES ON TAP! I was in love and made the bartender explain everything to me and show me where the wine barrels were stored, etc. Unfortunately they didn’t have champagne on tap (which, when we build our dream home this will be a major fixture of the house), but all their white wines were there, lined up in beautiful silver taps.

Not to mention the food was fabulous, any place that brings out warm pretzel bread already gets rave reviews from me, but then we had sweet chili calamari and caprese flatbread as an appetizer, delicious! For my entrée I had the filet with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes. Dan of course had the biggest steak on the menu with a horseradish crust and a side of sherry glazed mushrooms. They were both top notch. Dinner of course was full of funny stories, red wine, laughs and our plans for our next dinner adventure (Artie is cooking). But when we got up to leave… none of us could move. Dan passed out as soon as we got in the car from a food coma. And it is 2:13 pm the next day, I haven’t eaten yet, and I’m still not hungry. Too much for us to handle, I guess, but it was great! I highly suggest the place and the best part is; they have a location in Indianapolis… much closer trip for most of my readers than Orland Park, IL. Enjoy, and try the Raspberry Sparkling wine, you won’t be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment